Friday, February 03, 2006

Huh? I can't hear you...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20060202/bs_nf/41385

Check out the link above about a lawsuit that was just filed by a man in Louisiana against Apple for hearing loss related to using his iPod. Guess I'll have to turn down the volume!! Personally, i think it's rediculous because there are many technology items that can cause hearing loss and it's up to the person how they decide to use them. How about hair blow dryers? tv's? car stereo? going to a loud sporting event? electric screwdriver? What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eh? What was that? I can't read clear because I've been starring at my toshiba screen for 15 hours straight...

Now that you mention it, I too am involved in a lawsuit against Toshiba for the degradation of my vision, my developing diabetes as a result of being a couch potatoe, and my increased sensitivity to light (as I have not been outside in a month)...

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers"

*I might add: stupid people with... 1)a lot of money 2)access to a lawyer or, 3)political power.

thegermanygirl said...

I can believe it! Most people keep their headphones turned up way too loud, especially kids and teens....I think many suffer not from selective hearing, but from plain ol'-fashioned hearing loss.

*end soapbox* ;o)