Monday, March 12, 2007

CSHA Conference

This past weekend I made my way down to Long Beach, CA for the annual convention of the California Speech and Hearing Association. I flew down on Thursday night and stayed with my in-laws who live in Orange County, CA - only a few miles from Long Beach. Anyways, the convention was really good and gave me some great ideas for the kids that I work with as well as ways to advocate for myself in the district that I am in. There is a huge need for Speech Therapists in CA right now. Currently, there are over 3,000 job openings in CA alone! Talk about job security...

I got to eat at some great restaurants including Islands and The Cheesecake Factory; two of my facorite places. If you ever go to the Cheesecake Factory, the orange chicken is killer!

Saturday night I went to Lauren's high school,Mater Dei, to watch the nationally 5th ranked high school boys basketball team play in a state playoff game. What a treat! Taylor King, the star of the team, is headed to Duke University on a scholarship and scored 43 points against the opposing team. As a basketball fanatic...it was amazing to watch!

Overall, it was a great trip but I am definitely glad to be home and be with my wife.

1 comment:

thegermanygirl said...

Coming home is often the best part of any trip. ;o)