Monday, November 15, 2004

explosion!!!!!

This past Tuesday I was at home eating lunch when a jetfuel pipeline exploded right outside our apartment about 100 yards away! The link for the story is above. It was the loudest thing I had ever heard in my life. Our house shook and it sounded like we were getting bombed. I ran outside and all I could see was flames that were 100 feet high and black smoke everywhere. The picture on the link does not do the fire justice...it was much bigger than it looks. That picture is after the fire had been burning for about 3 hours. Anyways, we had to evacuate due to mandatory evacuations for the entire rest of the evening. So there we go, two disasters in two weeks! All we are waiting for now is an earthquake! We are glad that our apartment didn't burn down but unfortunately 5 people were killed from the blast.

No comments: